Prevention is always better than cure. This is why you should always go for regular checkups. It helps you to determine risk factors from time to time for several health conditions. The doctors will screen for various diseases and assess lifestyle habits. They will suggest the right ways to lead an active life while reducing the risk of deadly or chronic diseases.
What is covered in full body checkup?
When you go for a full body check up in Ghaziabad, the doctor will schedule the right tests after determining your medical history and existing health conditions. Here’s what is included in regular checkup for men and women –
- Type 2 diabetes, if you have a family history or risk factors
- Hepatitis C, if your date of birth lies from 1945 to 1965
- HIV test, if you are at high risk
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Tobacco consumption
- Obesity, as per your BMI
- Blood pressure test
- Lung cancer, if you have smoked over the past 15 years, or you smoke and you are aged 55-80 years.
- Colorectal cancer, for people above 50
Here’s what doctors will test for a routine checkup in the exam room –
- Your medical history, allergies, medications, and lifestyle habits in your records
- Blood pressure to look for some common symptoms
- Assess your alcohol use and depression
- Determine changes in your surgical or medical history after the last checkup
Along with the above tests, the doctor will also ask some questions based on your medical records. You can also expect counseling on the basis of assessment findings and lifestyle choices. They perform a complete test by –
- Using stethoscope to listen to your lungs, heart, and intestines
- Checking body for unusual marks or buildup
- Checking your abdomen and other body parts to look for the size, location, tenderness, and consistency of organs.
- A Pap smear test is also included in your test for women between 21 to 65 years.
- Other tests as per your health risks, age, and health status
Your doctor will tell whether you will need more tests or treatments after the test and make it clear as to what they have found. They will give all the guidelines and prescriptions after the test.